Credit Counseling Advantages
Credit counseling is a practical way to get the help you need without taking out a loan or filing for bankruptcy. Depending on your situation, Credit counseling can help to:
- Rebuild your reputation with your creditors
Credit counseling may help you rebuild your reputation with your creditors by reestablishing a relationship and setting up viable payment plans.
- Stop the collection calls and legal notices
Credit counseling can help stop the unwanted calls and legal notices from debtors.
- Help you become debt-free much faster
Whether through a reduction in the size of your debt, monthly payment reductions or a reduction in interest rates and waived late fees, credit counseling can help you become debt-free much faster.
- Re-age your account so that it’s not in default
Credit counseling can help you re-age you account, setting the account due date back to current and wiping out overdue charges.
- Prevent bankruptcy
Credit counseling can get you back on track with payments and prevent the need to file bankruptcy.
- Offer Support
Credit counselors can offer motivation, education, and encouragement, while providing someone you can talk to when you have a question or concern. Credit counseling provides support for your questions and comments, making the process a personal and educational tool.
Consolidate your debt and lower your monthly payments now >>
* Debt Basics is not a lender or broker. We provide information and research on debt help and debt consolidation. Product and service offerings differ by state.